Saturday 29 March 2014

Sam’s 10 month update

Wow! 10 months! Only 2 more months until Sam is 1 year old!

I don’t have any measurements to share this month, as they’re not being taken until Monday, so I’ll definitely have some measurements next month. I think she’s grown about an inch!

Sam is still getting breast milk every day, but I am exclusively pumping for her twice a day thanks to the little biting problem. This has meant a steady decline in supply, and as I don’t fancy doubling my pumping sessions, I have chosen to supplement with formula at night. Tonight was the first night this happened, and she seemed to like it well enough. I’m completely fine with this and can’t wait until I can stop pumping at 12 months. I never loved breastfeeding, but I do enjoy the financial and immunological benefits.

Sam really enjoys feeding herself, and she prefers to not be watched, so I take this time to pack the dishwasher so that she can eat in peace. Don’t worry, I’m still in the same room as her! I’m just not sitting in front of her watching her eat. Fish is a definite favourite food, along with any fruit and toast.

Crawling has well and truly been mastered, and now Sam is working on coasting, walking with one or two hands steadying her, and crawling up and down single stairs (the step up and down over the doorsill).

She is sleeping fairly well, although she does have the odd night or day where she won’t go to sleep. She normally has a very good reason though and rarely gets to that overtired point.

Still no mama and dada (well, consistently anyway), but she has been laughing and giggling a lot more lately. She babbles all the time and still tells us that everything should be said “ba ba ba BA”. She has also developed this habit of going “uh-haha” when she’s about to get up to mischief, which is her version of chuckling. She also does have sounds that she uses to get my or Brad’s attention, and they are a unique sound for each of us. During the morning, it’s all about Mum, then during the afternoon it becomes all about Dad (until there’s a problem and Dad just isn’t understanding her, at which point she seeks me out), before becoming all about Mum again just before bed. She loves to have a good tickle and giggle in the half hour before bed time.

IMG_2340IMG_2398IMG_2416IMG_2386IMG_2439IMG_2387

No comments:

Post a Comment