Wednesday 30 April 2014

Whoops! 11 Month Update (for 29/04/14)

Whoops! I totally forgot to do Sammy’s 11 month update. I swear I have good excuses! First of all, it was my 8th wedding anniversary. Unfortunately (and second of all), I spent it curled up in bed with the mother of all period pain cramps, made worse by the fact that I couldn’t take my faithful Naprogesic because it’s not safe to take while breastfeeding. Somehow, I also managed to get a bout of nausea as well, so I was very wholly reminded of all the points I didn’t like about pregnancy (just in case I was starting to get clucky) and felt very miserable for 1 1/2 days. But, enough about me…

IMG_2517

Sammy hasn’t started walking yet, but she does take the odd couple of steps when she’s feeling particularly clever (as in, even more than usual). She now says quite a few words: Mama, Dada, huwoh (hello), ya (yes), du (duck), and ba (bath). There’s probably a couple I’ve forgotten. I’m trying to teach her to say “up”. She’s also starting to understand and obey simple commands, such as “come here, please”. She waves hello and goodbye too. She has an evil genius laugh (u-huh-huh), and she loves to play hide-and-seek and peek-a-boo.

She excels at cleaning out draws. She also likes to go around pretending to be Mummy, putting things into and pulling them out of baskets, buckets, washing machines, washing hampers, dishwashers, etc. She can climb quite proficiently up and down steps, and she can scamper uphill very quickly on her hands and feet. She’ll try anything that’s put on her plate once, but if she doesn’t like it then she won’t be coaxed into trying more. She still loves fruit, and she got her 7th tooth.

She was weighed and measured on 31/03/14, and it had been six weeks since her previous appointment.
Weight: 9kg, 68th percentile, 700g increase
Height: 71.5cm, 49th percentile, 1.5cm increase
Head Circumference: 46.8cm, 97th percentile, 0.8cm increase

No comments:

Post a Comment